As teachers, parents and students demand higher quality communications services, school boards are under pressure to modernize classrooms and infrastructures at the same time education budgets are shrinking. As a result of pressures to do more with less, many schools are looking for more cost-effective phone systems that provide reliable communications with support for next-generation mobile smartphones and devices, while saving money and IT resources. In 2012, more schools than ever before – ranging from elementary and high schools to community colleges and universities – have turned to
“At a time when schools need to squeeze more from every dollar in their budget,
There are more than 1,400
“Critical communication, in its simplest form, is ensuring the right message reaches the right audience on the right device,” said
Schools across the country are choosing
- “In this economy, no one can afford to take a chance on big complicated systems, even from brand name vendors. We wanted a complete, straightforward, easy-to-use reliable solution, and
ShoreTel demonstrated how it was possible—brilliantly simple became very evident.”
Allen Behnke, Director of Safety, Security and Telecom, Green Bay Area Public School District
- “Not only are we happy here in Information Technology, but campus-wide, the
ShoreTel system has been received very positively. Everybody who’s attended training has given positive feedback about the ShoreTel UC system, and as people begin working with the phones, we’re hearing more and more great things.”
- - Michael Chahino, Director of Network Operations and Information Security,
Elgin Community College.
- "When our existing vendor was purchased by another company, their maintenance model tripled our maintenance costs and they said they couldn’t honor the prices we had under contract. We rebid our maintenance, and left the door open to do a complete system replacement. We also had a new location coming on line that needed a new system. We chose
ShoreTel because of the simplicity in rolling out the system, and their ongoing maintenance model seemed more affordable than their competition."
Virginia Schorle, Director-Networking & Telecommunications, St. Louis Community College.
- “We gained this state-of-the-art technology that’s simple to manage, for roughly the same price we were paying to maintain the old system.
ShoreTel has given us so much more for our dollar. And we really like ShoreTel’s resiliency factor. If a switch goes down in the building, the ShoreTel system readily finds another switch to service the building. We didn’t have to pay extra for that, because failover is built into ShoreTel’s distributed architecture.”
Grover Hibberd, Associate VP of IT Services, Georgetown College.
- “We wanted a system that would make lecturers more accessible to students.
ShoreTel offered us a scalable and cost effective solution that could extend to over 1,000 lecturers scattered across our many campuses.”
Deryck Jones, Systems and Communications Manager at University of Wales Cardiff.
- “Our Alcatel system would have required a hefty investment, even to get basic features such as voicemail and conferencing,” said
Carlos Alberto Franco Reboreda, technology education coordinator for the University of Guadalajara, Arts, Architecture and Design Campus. “ShoreTel offered these features plus many more at an affordable price. It was simply much more cost effective to switch to ShoreTel.”